Thursday, April 22, 2010

Learning the wrong lesson


When you're learning something, have you ever gotten the feeling you're learning it all wrong...?
Like, maybe you're just not seeing it from the right point of view or something...
It happened to me... when I decided to do volunteer work, that I found someone who seemed perfect, more than anything I'd ever seen before and even though it seemed as if he had many imperfections and even though he's only human... against all odds my heart was as stubborn as a 5 year old trying to do something he felt was right even though my mind kept telling it not to be so foolish...
And the time came when I though I shouldn't even have been there in the first place, and I questioned myself and finally the reasons why I was there from the start and I suddenly realized... I was learning the wrong lesson... I wasn't there to fall in love... to do what I was doing... what got me there in the first place was love... the most important thing in the world... and it was an old man, one of the persons I admire the most the one who reminded me the reason my world was bigger... the reason why I was there; it wasn't falling in love, it was giving love, unconditionally, selflessly...truly and with joy. It is then when I learned a new lesson, and sadly I realized yesterday that my stubborn heart is not the only one around... that there are others that just like it happened to me...are in the process of realizing they've been learning the wrong lesson all along...

Lesson learned:
Pay attention...you might be learning the wrong lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment