Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Poisoned...

Have you ever felt poisoned?

I don't mean anything snake related... unless we think of people as snakes (even though I think some people might have been one in a previous life).
What I mean is...
After learning from many people how to love at all times, after sharing with children who would give it all in exchange of a kiss and a hug, after living so many things that have taught me that the world is bigger than me, that there are so many things in life that matter so much more than selfish happiness, and that when you see in the eyes of a child your world can become bigger, in seconds...
After all that... I felt poisoned...
poisoned by a person who loves me, someone who's always there for me... but I had failed to notice she was more than depressed, or if I had not failed to notice, I had failed to care... perhaps, selfishly believing time would heal a wound that was deeper than the most terrible... forever hurtful wound of losing a child.
Right after talking to her and hearing the pain inside... my heart shrank, became bitter, sad, and dead... it felt... poisoned...

And the lesson learned was:
Poison is contagious...
You need to get the poison out
without hurting others...
Time does heal...
if you allow to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment