Wednesday, June 15, 2011

...Bunny...

My dad gave me something today...
And truth is... even though I had already seen it, and knew I was getting it... there's nothing like actually receiving it..!
It felt great...
Truth is, we never give much to each other... but we share a lot of things.
He's practicing making plaster figurines, and he's been busy trying new stuff and painting them (even though he doesn't have a lot of colors).
He recently started making bunnies... cute bunnies that remind me of my childhood for some reason.
When I was around 5 years old, he had a company, he sold books and had a team of around 10 people helping him. We used to go to his office with my brother and collect staples from the carpet under what would be my future sister in law's desk.
I remember there was this boy, he was the owner's son and he ate a lot of cereal... I remember it wasn't even that great, but we would eat tons of it every time we went to the office.
This boy also had little papers he'd cut and we would pretend it was money to play for a while.
My dad used to make murals in the office... I wish I could have a picture, they were so amazing, big and colorful, and every now and then he would change the theme... he used them to measure progress in the company, and one of the ones I remember the most was a big mural that had snowy mountains, and a cable car ride, and each car would have the name of a worker and they went up the mountain until they reached the goal... it was incredible...
I also remember they drank a lot of coffee... there were a lot of mugs...! or at least that's what I remember at the age of 5... maybe there were just a couple of them...
Well... on my dad's desk, there was a bunny... he'd use it as a paperweight...
well... this bunny... is exactly the same..



It reminds me of my childhood... it reminds me of such good times...
My mom saw the bunny with tender eyes... she knew it would be special for me...
Thing is... he had offered a bunny once, about a month ago... he just said: "you can take one if you want"... so I told him.. "is it going to be a gift from you?" and he hesitated and said: "well... yeah..it's a present" so I asked him to write his name on it... or more than his name... the date.

I remember one time, when I was around 7... I have always liked to color, and that day I decided to color something for him... a donkey... as funny as it may sound, I loved it... I remember I colored it gray... I used very thin paper... it was almost transparent and I gave it to him.. he said: "but it doesn't have a date on it" so I went back, wrote the date but I made a mistake doing it... when I tried to erase it... it ripped... almost in half... I felt so bad... my donkey... split in half..
I took it to him and told him what had happened... and he said something along the lines of: "I don't want it anymore" and I never forgot...

Back to the bunny... days went by and he didn't give it to me... but today in the morning he said: "hey, I had forgotten... this is for you" and he gave me the most beautiful bunny figurine ever...
when I looked at the base it had the date... it said: "ILU" and his initials...
I guess that... for a really long time since I grew up, I had wanted something like that... more than the bunny... the gift, the thought.... it made me feel great...



Lesson learned:

There are many things we never forget from our childhood, but those are the ones that make us be who we are right now...
We should never forget to love without repair and give all the love we have... it's not like we have a lifetime just in case... all we have is now...

No comments:

Post a Comment