Wednesday, April 13, 2011

...What is the ONE thing you want most every morning? ...

Is it a bath?...How about a cup of coffee?



Because I know many people around who want a cup of coffee more than the bath, more than many other things... even better if it's right next to the newspaper and a nice breakfast.

What is it really?... and how long does it last?
Many times I believe we always want one thing when we wake up... in my case, a call... or a message, those things make my heart smile, many times when I wake up I want to see a smile in everyone I see, from my mom to the people I say bye to when I leave home who by the way... I don't even know (long story, I'll tell you about it one day).

I constantly ask myself what is the purpose of life, and so far, the one I like the most is "to be happy"... I know it may sound ephemeral, but it's way better to have something that will actually last for a really long time than something that will rust in a couple of years.
So, every morning... that ONE thing you want, what will make you happy can be provided by someone you love or by yourself, how? well simple... every single thought in your mind is way more powerful than many things.
It is a true thing that you are who you choose to be, therefore, if you want to be happy, you just have to be.

I guess that for human beings, that ONE thing we want can sometimes be predictable, it's not like I've heard that the first thing people want when they wake up is to bungee jump, so in a way, they can sort of be predicted...
I sometimes consider that maybe we want big things, all the time... many people just won't settle for a smile, a hug or... how about... a scratch?
Take my dogs for example, the first thing they want when they see me is... a good scratch, fair huh?

They'd do anything for a scratch, they don't care if they're wet, dirty or clean, all they do is wag their tail and come to me, and if they could speak, I have no idea the things they'd say... they'll even stop being nice to each other for a good scratch... what has happened to this world? ...

... just kidding...
So, think about it... have you even noticed what is that ONE thing you want when you wake up?... I know my dogs do!

Meet Daisy...


"Ohhhhh yeah!... a little to the left... that's right... riiiiight there, under the ear..."



"Heaven...!"

Meet Beanie...


"My kingdom for a scratch! "... ehmmm... don't tell anybody I told you that..."

"ehmmm.. you won't tell anybody.... will you?"


and last but not least meet Chispa...





...There you go... that's what we're talking about...
This is the same expression you'll get when you're giving her a good scratch...
You don't believe me?...

...She makes me smile a lot...

Have you ever thought about what really makes you happy?

My point is... do I even have a point? you know... sometimes it's ok not to have one...


Lesson Learned:

That ONE thing we want the most should always be what will make us happy, even if it is a smile... or a good scratch


No comments:

Post a Comment