Saturday, April 9, 2011

...I want to be the person my dog thinks I am...

When I first got my dog, he would always sleep in my bed and constantly be with me.... he is a chihuahua... you know, chihuahua dogs always want to be around, they're faithful and well... not for everybody, I'd say... it's not like everyone finds chihuahuas cute, especially when they make faces like this...





That's him... Beanie... when he was around one year old, playing "let's bite each other, but you don't get to bite me" game with our other dog, when she had just come to the house... that's right... he's just playing, no one got injured... XD







So having a new dog around, one that is so fragile and is always cold is a nice experience when you're a teen, as I was... I got to take care of him and snuggle him, but then, he grew... and after the 10 pairs of shoes he ate, all the times he peed everything around him, he ate things I thought no dog would ever eat, we just started calling him cochito... n_n ...


The only thing was, my mom would never allow my cochito to sleep in my bed anymore, he was a grown dog now, he could handle it... and at the beginning, I was the one who couldn't handle it, not him. But we all grew....
Five years later... he still goes to the front door to say hi, he wags his tail and smiles at me... he seems to think many great things of me.... and even though I am aware that that's not how things work, what I do know, is that he's really faithful and seems to love me no matter what.


A couple of nights ago, it was a very cold night, for a change, since it's been really hot lately, and he came to my door and cried a little.... he wanted to come inside, to sleep in my nice warm bed (and I don't know if there were any hidden intentions) So, very seriously, I had to talk to him, and I said:


"Beanie... you
can sleep in my bed on ONE condition... you can not move one inch... no moving, running around, scratching my pillow to make holes in it, nothing... you hear me? " and he looked at me and seemed to smile...














...and turns out...the next morning, he was in the exact same spot I had left him, with all his gray hair because he's getting old and the same look in his eyes he had 5 years ago.


Lesson Learned:

Second chances don't only apply for big things... you can learn a lot from second chances...

No comments:

Post a Comment